Welcome to school year 2021-2022.
Transportation will begin September 1st.
- Bus passes have been sent out. If you are eligible for transportation and didn’t receive your child’s bus pass please contact your child’s school. They can give you all the information.
- If you would like to request a stop change, concerns or for further transportation and registration information please go to https://www.lawrence.org/o/lawrence-school-district/page/registration-and-transportation. Stop changes will be made as soon as possible, not before October 1st; as all of a school’s changes are made at one time.
- Each of our schools has a transportation liaison. Your child’s school can connect you to the liaison and should be called with questions or concerns. The liaison can communicate with the district. This system will keep district phone lines open for communicating with the bus dispatchers and informing schools of any needed updates.
- New York State Health guidelines require ALL students to wear masks at all times on the bus. No child will be allowed on to the bus without wearing a mask. Removing the mask on the bus may result in removal from the bus for up to five days.
- Please ensure your child recognizes their drop off location
- Teach them the proper way to get on and off the bus
- Teach your children to stand 6 feet (or three giant steps) away from the curb
- If your child must cross the street in front of the bus, teach him or her to walk on the side of the road until they are 10 feet ahead of the bus; your child and the bus driver should always be able to see each other.
- For all your transportation concerns please contact your child’s school transportation coordinator who will reach out to the district with all the concerns.
- DO NOT PASS THE BUS IN EITHER DIRECTION WITH RED LIGHT’S FLASHING AND/OR STOP SIGN OUT- IT’S THE LAW AND IT SAVES LIVES.